Updated August 28, 2018
Information that we collect from you
Things we collect
We collect information to make our Pie Services more useful to you. This helps you describe who you are and what you did with Pie Services. It also helps you know who the other people in your projects are and what they are doing.
When you log into our Pie Services, we collect personal information that identifies you, such as your name and email address. If you're responsible for paying for our paid services, we may also collect and store your billing information. We also collect your IP address to monitor and prevent security incidents.
When you're signed in, we store the unique identifiers we collect from your browser. This helps us provide you with features like time zone and dates, and helps us detect the device and browser width you are using for a better visual experience. This information may also help us understand system activity.
When you cancel your Pie Services we stop collecting and processing your data, and then delete your personal data based on the options you set in the Deleting Your Information section below.
Things you create and things you do
When you create a Pie Services account, you provide us with personal information that includes your name, email, and password. Later you may choose to add payment information to your account. Since your use of Pie Services is to create projects and tasks, we collect and store your content in our infrastructure services for your retrieval and use.
Your activity tracked in our Pie Services may include:
- Projects and Recipes you create
- Tasks you create
- Other team members you assign to your account, projects, and tasks
- Dates and tasks progress you mark
- Documents, URL links, photos, videos, and other files you upload
- Messages you communicate with other Pie Service members
- Purchase activity
You Can Correct Your Data Or Export Your Data
If you find your personal data is incorrect, we provide features in the Pie Services application for you to edit your information.
We plan to have features in your Pie Services application to export your data, but until those features are available, you can contact us to request to have your data exported to a CSV file.
Why We Collect Your Data
We use your data to improve your experience
We are always working hard to make Pie Services a more valuable tool for you and your business. We use your information to help us understand how the applications are used, such as what is used more, in what way, and what is not used much. We can then make improvements and come up with new features to add more value.
Your data may be used for analytics to measure and analyze how Pie Services are used. For example, we check out your visits to our site and applications so we can optimize our product design. When you visit different pages and sections in our applications, we want to know what is working well. We tie this all to internal and third-party analytics tools that provide us with data to analyze (see sharing information below below).
Interact with you
We use your email address to communicate with you directly. For example, we may notify you of product issues or infrastructure problems that could affect your experience. Or we may share great news about new features we have added to your account or a list of bugs we fixed. We may use our internal application or a third-party tool like MailChimp to send you notices.
Sharing your information
When you share your information with others
Pie Services let you add new user members to your account, workspaces, projects, and tasks. When you do so, you control where and how you share. For example, you can decide to add or not to add other people to your account, projects, and tasks. You can remove those people from your account and projects and tasks you control. You can also control the permissions these people get in your account.
When you want to remove your information from others
We provide you with the ability to remove yourself if you are added to someone else's workspaces or projects. For example, let's say someone adds you to their workspace and project, but you don't want to belong. You have a feature that gives you control to remove yourself from certain or all projects.
When we share your information
We don't share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of PieMatrix and PieMatrix contracted software development teams, except in the following cases:
- For Usage Analytics and Experience Analysis: We may provide data to third-party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, Heap, MixPanel, Tableau, or other tools that provide analytics services for processing and displaying user activity data. This could include tools that monitor individual usage behavior to help us better understand how you are using Pie Services. This analysis is done by our internal team or by contracted analytics consultants we may hire who agree to protect your personal information.
- For Communication Needs: We may need to contact you and therefore may use a third-party email or messaging tool, such as MailChimp, Intercom, or others that provide communication services.
- For Storing and Processing Data: We may use third-party cloud services such as Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform to store and process your data to make it accessible to you through your devices with Internet connections.
- For Payment: If you are using a paid service, we will disclose your information to a payment or credit card processing service to complete your payment.
- For Legal Reasons: We may share personal information outside of PieMatrix if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request applicable to us.
- Provide information to attorneys, accountants and consultants to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
We may share non-identifying information about your activities that doesn't include your name or email address. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about general use of our services.
If we sell PieMatrix, we may transfer all of the information and content, including your information and content, in Pie Services to the new owners of PieMatrix.
California Do Not Track Disclosures: California law requires that we let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We do not track you over time or across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Deleting your information
Your options to delete your personal identifying information
You can cancel and delete your Pie Services account. If you have upgraded to a paid service, you can also cancel your paid version at any time, but may need to finish your payment as per the Terms of Service.
When you cancel your pie.me account, you may have active projects that are shared and managed by other people. You have the option when canceling your pie.me account to transfer active workspaces to other administrators and keep your historical personal identifiable information, such as your name tied to a completed tasks, or you can choose to delete your personal identifiable information so the only information remaining on your previous task work is a non-personal indicator, such as the text "previous member".
When you cancel your Classic Pie account as the account administrator, your account will be closed and deleted. With this application, you do not have the option to transfer your data to another account, but you can export some of your data that contains personal identifiable information, such as exporting projects with tasks and people assignments as CSV files.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act: We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe that your copyright-protected work was uploaded to Pie Services without authorization, please contact: email@example.com
Changes to this policy
Questions or concerns: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
70 South Winooski Ave., #276
Burlington, VT 05401